The Maria Luisa Memorial is calling, one more time, photographers and filmmakers, both amateurs and professionals, to the thirtieth edition of their contest, with the purpose of being able to find new and innovative images that allow us to continue with the promotion of the artistic work at the same time as with the diffusion of the natural environment and its necessary protection.
Mountain, nature, wildlife, mountaineering, climbing, landscape, underwater world, biodiversity, flora, extreme and adventure sports, etc. will be the reference of the edition in this contest one more year, not only in the photography categories but in the section dedicated to videos, films and documentaries as well. In addition, on this occasion, a new thematic category dedicated exclusively to photography with drone, aerial or overhead perspective is called.
Year after year photographers from all over the world take part in this contest, having done it already from more than 100 different countries. With the passing of the years the contest has become a meeting place not only for widely recognized international photographers, but also for undiscovered talent and new photographers.
With the rules, instructions and advice provided you will easily be able to prepare your photographs and/or videos to compete in a contest that lacks any commercial purpose, and in which, as usual, only you and your work will be the true protagonists.
– The Overall Winner of the “XXX Memorial Maria Luisa”, will be awarded a cash prize of 3.000 Euros *, a Trophy, a Diploma, a book portfolio and two invitations to the awards gala. The Overall Winner will be chosen from the fourteen category winners; the Jury will give the Prize to the most memorable & shocking caption. The overall winner will receive a cash prize 3.000 Euros, including the amount corresponding to his/her category.
– Winner Prize of each Category: € 300, Trophy, Diploma, a book portfolio and two invitations to the awards gala.
– Young Photographers Prize: It will be awarded to the best photograph submitted by contestants not having reached the age of 20 years on 1st December 2019. It will consist of a Samsung Tablet 4G, trophy, diploma, book portfolio and two invitations to the awards gala.
– Special award for the theme of the year: it will be a Citizen Watch, Pilot Titanio, AS 2031-57E, trophy, diploma, a book portfolio and two invitations to the awards gala.
– Award for best video, film, documentary of 30 MML. This prize will be endowed with a voucher worth 3000 euros*, which can be exchanged, directly and at the request of the winner, for products marketed by Foto Ruano, trophy, diploma, book portfolio and two invitations to the awards gala.
* These amounts are subject to tax deductions that apply.
The Judges Panel will also grant the consolation prizes or honorable mentions as it deems pertinent in each of the thematic categories.
The Organization reserves the right to make copies of all award-winning photographs as may be required for exhibitions, projections or publications related exclusively to the activities of the present competition, without limits in time, geographic location or mediums, and always crediting the authorship of said photographs. As it sees fit, the Organization may request a copy of the original file with maximum quality and size. Without prejudice to the above, the authors of the photographs will retain all legal rights to the same for any future use.
The films admitted to the contest will become part of the historical archive of the Contest, and may be reproduced in whole or in part, and in any media, for the diffusion and promotion thereof. For other types of projections, the authorization of the author will be asked for previously.
The Organization of the competition will refuse any request that may be received from third parties with commercial interests, such as the concession, loan, exploitation, sale etc. of the personal details of participants and of the images submitted by them for the purposes of the competition. If we had knowledge of the existence of a claim to purchase an image or its rights, the organization would directly put in touch the author of the photograph with the person who showed interest, so that they can make a convenient deal.
Korean Photographic assists amateur or pro Korean photographers in South Korea who have the lack of English skills to participate international photography competitions. We are welcome partnership proposals and send us your photography competitions submission guideline. We will translate it and release through our website.